Slide across to view more
NEW LOOK, SAME TOUGH SLEEPING BAG
Designed for those who prefer extra room, these large, box shaped sleeping bags provide ultimate comfort in Australia’s rugged conditions and are purpose built to fit into Darche’s range of Swags and Rooftop Tents. Available in 3 sizes; 900mm wide, 1100mm wide and 1400mm wide - the range is designed with the tourer, adventurer, fisherman and all-round outdoor enthusiast in mind.
The Cold Mountain sleeping bag range features a Dual Zip system, ideal for entry and exit from either side of the sleeping bag, and allows 2 sleeping bags to be joined into 1 supersized bag. The toe zip assists in opening the sleeping bag as a doona, and can be unzipped for extra ventilation and coolness on warmer nights.
The two layered, robust modular construction of the Cold Mountain sleeping bags counter-acts the ‘cold spots’ and enables an even distribution of warmth, with a fixed top layer filling and a floating bottom layer filling.
Ergonomically designed with 3 different comfort ratings, a heat trapping baffle collar, anti-snag zip guide, internal pockets and compression bag, there is a Cold Mountain sleeping bag for everyone, from first time campers through to Victorian High Country tourers.
Cold Mountain -12°C 900
Not only suitable for those who consider themselves cold sleepers, but also known as an all-rounder through the various seasons and climates of the Aussie landscape.
- 350gsm (2 layer) hollow fibre filling
- Polyester ripstop 70D water resistant CIRE outer shell
- Silk touch liner
- Internal zippered pocket
- Compression bag
- Anti-snag zip guide
- Draw cord chest baffle
- Full length wind baffle
- Shaped hood with draw cord
- Unzip to create a large doona
- Dual Zip
Size: 2500mm x 900mm
Comfort Ratings & Sleeping Bag Selection
The Cold Mountain Sleeping bag range is tested by Darche’s product development team in collaboration with specialised manufacturers to develop comfort ratings suited to the Australian climate. The European Standard EN 13537 is considered during development and testing, but is not conformed to. Australia is not considered an extreme weather country - but more so a land that presents unique outdoor conditions and ambience.
The purpose of a sleeping bag is to keep the user warm by trapping body heat. The comfort ratings developed for the Cold Mountain range are developed for the average person, therefore it is the responsibility of the user to determine the comfort rating best suited to their requirements and preferences.
- No camping or touring situation is the same: It is important to understand the conditions of your camping or touring situation in order to effectively prepare for your trip. Season, weather and location play a vital role in the quality of your sleep.
- Usage scenario: The entire sleeping setup can be the difference between an undisturbed and a disgruntled night’s sleep. Sleeping in a smaller, enclosed space such as a Swag will allow body heat to fill up the space at a faster rate and keep it balanced throughout the night. Sleeping in a larger space such as a tent will mean cold air will linger throughout the night.
- Shape & size of user: People respond differently to various conditions. A smaller sized person may be a colder sleeper as there is more free space within the sleeping bag. A larger sized person will rapidly trap body heat within the sleeping bag.
- Energy & physical wellness: A restful sleep can be determined by the current physical state of the user. Someone who is hungry will be colder through the night as the body consumes more energy to stay warm.
- Clothing layers & thermal properties: Appropriate layering of thermal clothing can allow sleeping bags to become more versatile in various conditions. The feet and head are control points for body temperature, meaning wearing thermal socks and a beanie can bring your body to a comfortable sleeping temperature in colder conditions.
- Exposure to outdoor elements: Users who choose to sleep directly outdoors with minimal shelter such as a tarp or awning will experience more discomfort.
With the above indicators, and the below comfort zone suggestions, discretion and careful consideration must be used when selecting a suitable sleeping bag.
Contact us about “Cold Mountain -12°C (900 DUAL)”
12 MONTHS Warranty